Sunday, September 02, 2007

Relationship Advice: Back-Talk!
In this column we go back to the real-life relationship experts – couples who have been married 50 years or more. Husband and wife will each give their experienced answer to a relationship problem.

My husband dresses like a total slob on weekends but wears suits and ties during the week for his job. Come Saturday and Sunday, he puts on the same ugly plaid shorts and raggedy t-shirts. And he shaves only if we're going out on Saturday night. It's very unappealing and makes me feel that he doesn't care about our relationship. His excuse is "I work hard all week and like to relax on weekends. I'm the same person no matter what I'm wearing." I don't expect him to be a fashion statement, however, his "condition" is a real turn-off and I can't stand him hugging or touching me. He says it wouldn't bother him if I was the way he is, which, of course, I would never be. Am I being too harsh? Can you shed some light on this controversy?- Marie

Click here to continue


-Contributed by Sheryl P. Kirland, author, Everlasting Matrimony Pearls of Wisdom From Couples Married 50 years Or More

No comments: