Friday, October 12, 2007

Live and let live.

I finally understand what this means.

Live. Action verb as in "I live my life."

Let live. Action verb as in "Let him live his own life."

This came to me, the big "ah ha" as I was once again trying to live my husband's life for him. Sound crazy? I am great at living other people's lives (a little illusion eh?!), the challenge is in getting the focus and fun back on mine.

Fear makes me want to control others or control events. Do ya know what I mean? If you have a hint of this issue check out the information on the Root Chakra and learn how to get grounded as in back in your own skin and out of theirs.

Our hearts can beat as one but our Love can use a little space. Space, respect, trust.

1 comment:

Adeline said...

Ah Control.
Am I being controlling or just trying to help the next person?
Am I being controlling or just trying to protect myself?
For me I know I can't control others, yet I have this need to know what others are doing, then my anxiety increases when they are not dong things they way I would do them. I'm no expert, my life is far from perfect.
For me it is the fear that my life is not how I envisioned my future.
Space, Respect, Trust.
Three simple words that are difficult in my relationships.
My problem with Trust may be trusting a Higher Power that all will be well and the world is as it should be.
My prayers to everyone in San Diego who has been affected by the fires.