Friday, March 02, 2007

Love Tips and Techniques - Q-Tip

Quit Taking It Personal

Another thought along this line is a quote I love. "I would worry less about what people thought about me if I knew how seldom they did."

In other words, most people, even our significant others are just doing what they are doing without premeditation or passive aggression. The toilet seat is left up because that's were it was when he finished his business.

The toilet seat was left down, because that's where it was when she finished hers.

When something annoys you, remember to Q-TIP, take a couple deep breaths and move on with the rest of your day.

1 comment:

Adeline said...

Q-Tip sounds so easy and yet it is so difficult to put into pratice. Sometimes I realize how self-centered I'm getting when I think someone did something because of me. The world doesn't revolve around me, there is a sun in the sky that the earth is revloving around.
I need to give a speech to an audience that I feel uneasy with. I was given excellent advice last night. Give my message, tell my story, don't worry how I will be received. Worry that I will deliver the message to the best of my ability. If I concentrate on the message I want to give then I don't have time to worry about how people feel about me. This has relieved some of the pressure.