Sunday, March 04, 2007

Armando de peralta

We met just before his 90th birthday. He is elegant, extravagant, extroverted and excellent company. Armando is a man loved by many and a man who loves women, shipping, friends, a little piece of paradise on top of a mountain in La Jolla, Ca and life. He loves life.

And, he is a poet.

and ...

yes, - I confess
I've had innumerable romantic escapades,
erotic episodes, unrequited passions
and desires whose name I wouldn't
dare to say.
I've resorted to the incense of
flattery
played the game of
predator and prey,
yet, - none to be confused with
the darker side of lust.

I've been untimourous about
pleading for your kiss
bathed in contentment when your
embraces release me from despair,
consoled when you cleared the double
from my implausible concerns,
surrendered, when I bequeathed you
my heart.

and your love became,

............... my cradle and my grave.

la jolla, california
april 22nd 2002

Like that? Click here for another

No comments: