Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Where is Love - Boyfriend within?

Where was I?

Oh yes, where oh where did I look for Love?

I was just sharing about Love in my 40s. But first came the roaring 20s.

I found Love hours away, states away and in other continents. Never did the "Back In Time" Chris Reeve kind of Love, but for some reason I considered it perfectly normal to be in Love with men I hardly saw.

A girlfriend of mine from college had this joke about "Boyfriends Within." I took that thought to heart.

And so went those 20s. A parade of invisible & unavailable men, an excellent fit for this work-a-holic, unavailable woman. Oh, and I when I had the time I would complain and whine "Why am I alone?"

What about you. Are you available? Honestly, truly? Do share.

1 comment:

Adeline said...

Looking UP for Love. I believe that you do need to look UP for Love. God always Loves you. People let us down, our parents, siblings, significant other, etc. I believe that we all need unconditional Love and we are going to find that in a Higher Power or God.
Look WITHIN for Love. After we realize that we are Loved unconditionally then we need to learn to Love ourselves. This one may be more difficult. I know my assets and defects and I'm too hard on myself. How could I Love myself, I'm self-centered, opinionated, and do not live up to the standards I set for myself. I found Mr. Wrong in the past (married for 15 years), and now I’m not looking for anyone. Until I learn to Love myself I believe I will only attract Mr. Wrong.
Look Up for Love.
Then look WITHIN for Love.