Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm glad you got yours, but what about me?

That was the essence of a query I received this week. What a question for someone as analytical as moi! Do I talk about where I finally met Michael? Or how I started a radio show to surround myself with experts and benefit from their wisdom & Love Master juju? How about the book I read every night for a year (no lie.) Or that final date from hell that set me straight.

O.k. I'll go with my gut.

You've got to look UP for Love.

Before I looked UP I looked everywhere else.

I looked in bars and nightclubs and found men who drank and smoked. One man was tiny. I didn't know that because he was sitting on a stool. By the time I found out I had already asked him out on a date. (He would soon evaporate from my life. I cried on the phone to Marci saying things "even short men are rejecting me.")

I looked at Salsa Class and found men who could dance and pals but no romance. One object of desire immediately moved across county. Another quacked when he dipped me. For some reason that cute little quack stole away that lovin' feeling.

I looked at dog beach but only met men who had dogs and six packs or dogs and girlfriends or too many dogs or dogs that didn't get along with my dogs.

Gotta go and take care of my Love - yes, I did finally find my man. I'll tell you more tomorrow.

No comments: