Friday, December 07, 2007

Who loves ya baby?

More importantly ... who will YOU love on today? (The rest follows naturally.)

Yesterday one of my "loves" was a gruff teen-age boy at the Arby's checkout window. I could tell from the tone of his voice that he was not feeling the "Merry" part of Merry Christmas.

"How are you?" I asked. "I'm working" he replied as it that explained everything.

"Put some joy in it." I told him with a big smile on my face and in my heart.

We had a little exchange - a few more smiles and I even got a chuckle out of him when I told him I was a hungry elf on a mission from Santa.

I don't know who felt more love or joy after those moments at the squawk box but I know it mattered or he and I would never have met.

Who can you touch today with a look, a hug, a little humor or a kind word? Love is a verb and a noun. When shared with others it all comes back to us multiplied.

No comments: